Eurocities, the network of major European cities, is recruiting a senior project coordinator in the field of climate and environment (digital, key asset). He/she would ideally start in as soon as possible.
As senior project coordinator, you will be responsible for overseeing several projects and relevant staff members.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee and implement several projects linked to climate and environment (digital, key asset):
- manage several projects, both technically and financially
- liaise with the European Commission and project partners
- lead on and deliver project activities such as awareness-raising events, dissemination activities, publication of best practices, knowledge-sharing activities
- draft technical and financial reports
- travel as required for the purposes of the project
- Be responsible for project development in the area of climate and environment (digital, key asset)
- at least 7 years of relevant work experience
- at least 5 years of work experience in the field of EU-funded project management
- at least 3 years of work experience in project proposal writing
- in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of climate and environmental policies at EU level in the scope of the project, and good knowledge of digital transformation related policies
- experience in people management
- fluent in English, and write clear and concise reports in English
- experience in working with multiple stakeholders at transnational level
- good networking abilities and interpersonal skills for an international environment
- excellent relationship management, coordination, and communications skills
- experience of working with local and city governments or public sector partners
- experience of people management
- other languages
- experience of policy work
- a full-time position in Brussels under Belgian contract
- an open ended contract linked to the project, starting in the autumn 2020
- salary according to profile and experience
- training opportunities
- meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques
- Eurocities recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some other benefit examples are:
- training opportunities and access to on-line trainings
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position, together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by COB on 27 September 2020 to:
Patricia de Wouters, HR coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘senior project coordinator’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in Brussels the week of 5 October 2020.