The Brussels Urban Summit took place from 12-15 June 2023, and gathered over 300 cities worldwide and around 1,400 politicians, experts and representatives of civil society to exchange ideas and envision a future of sustainable, affordable, and liveable cities. It brought together three international city conferences: the 14th Metropolis World Congress, the Eurocities Annual Conference and the sixth OECD Champion Mayors Summit for Inclusive Growth Initiative.
- Read an overview article here.
- Read about the plenary on ‘Tackling inequalities and rebuilding the social contract in cities’ here.
- Read about the debate on how Europe can work better with cities here.
- Read about the plenary on migration here.
- Read about the Eurocities Awards winners here.
- Read about cities signing for sustainable and inclusive culture here.
- Read about the launch of a European funding instrument to upscale Digital Twins here.
- Find our selection of pictures of the Summit here.
- Visit the summit website here.
We know that for all our diversity, cities worldwide share common challenges. Offering a varied programme of plenary sessions, workshops, side events and site visits, BUS was a forum for exchange and debate. The summit provided a unique opportunity to engage in a global strategic dialogue to help define our shared urban future.
This unique gathering was an initiative of Brussels Capital Region, Eurocities, Metropolis and the OECD Champion mayors for Inclusive Growth Initiative.