Eurocities is the leading network of major European cities, working together to ensure a good quality of life for all.
Mission and goals
We strive for a Europe where cities are genuine partners with the EU to create a better future where
- People take part in an inclusive society
- People progress in a prosperous local economy
- People move and live in a healthy environment
- People make vibrant and open public spaces
- City governments address global challenges
- City governments are fit for the future
See here how our goals translate into concrete work in various focus areas.
Eurocities does this by
- Advocacy: Representing the voice of cities at EU level, to bring about change on the ground
- Insights: Monitoring and reporting back to cities the latest EU developments, funding opportunities and trends that affect them
- Best-practice sharing: Facilitating the exchange of knowledge, experience and good practices between cities to scale up urban solutions
- Training: Building capacity to tackle current and future urban challenges
Overview of the strategic objectives
The strategic objectives will be reviewed after five years.