Eurocities, the network of major European cities, is recruiting a project support officer in the field of energy and climate change. The candidate would ideally start in May 2022.
As project support officer, you will work with Eurocities environment team to support the Covenant of Mayors office service contract delivery. In this role, you will support the project coordinator to deliver Eurocities project activities such as:
- Supporting the organisation of project events and meetings
- Supporting the organisation of and participating in peer-learning visits
- liaising with project partners
- supporting dissemination and publication
- contributing to capacity buildings activities
- drafting articles for the Eurocities newsletter and other communications-related tasks
You are full of initiative, flexible curious, and able to work independently and autonomously while maintaining a team-oriented attitude.
- at least 2 years of relevant work experience in EU project implementation
- a Master’s degree or equivalent
- experience in events management
- good knowledge in the fields of energy and climate change
- good analytical and organisational skills
- good oral and written communications skills in English
- good interpersonal skills for an international environment
- a strategic mindset and you are creative problem-solver
- excellent relationship management, coordination, and communications skills
- good ability to prioritise tasks when faced with multiple deadlines and operate under tight deadlines
- excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- other languages (especially French) an asset
- a full-time position as an employee, under Belgian legislation. The selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address). Or
- a one year contract, starting as soon as possible
- 2.400 € – 2.800 € monthly gross salary, according to profile and experience
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques
Some other benefit examples are :
- training opportunities and access to online training
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part-time teleworking.
Eurocities promotes the importance of a work-life balance.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation, explicitly describing point by point their relevant experience and linking it to the requirements for the position, in one-page maximum, together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by 23:59 on Sunday 10 April 2022 to: Patricia de Wouters, Head of HR, at email@example.com.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘project officer CoMO’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in person or online on 20 and 21 April 2022.