Eurocities, the network of major European cities, is recruiting a project officer to work on climate neutrality in cities, including city and stakeholder engagement, replication and support services. He/she would ideally start at the beginning of September 2021.
About the project
As project officer, you will support the project coordinator working on a new and exciting project to advance climate neutrality in cities by 2030 and beyond. The ambition is to empower cities to develop and implement comprehensive climate action plans through systemic innovation, sectoral solutions and addressing the transversal barriers that have slowed progress to date. The project will run for four years and operates across a vast range of fields that contribute to climate neutrality, from decarbonisation of buildings, energy and transport to citizen engagement, participatory policy making, digital transformation, governance, finance and sustainable urban development.
In this role, you will :
- undertake desk research and mapping exercises related to climate neutral cities and stakeholders
- support the development and provision of climate neutrality services to cities
- participate in qualitative research and needs assessments with cities
- prepare good practice case studies, including desk and qualitative research with cities
- support outreach to stakeholders and organise awareness raising activities
- support the organisation of events and meetings
- participate in project events and meetings
- support reporting and administration of the project
- update the Eurocities website and members area with relevant content
- support project development
You are a person who is full of initiative, self-driven, curious, creative, flexbile and results-oriented.
- a masters degree
- 2 to 3 years of relevant professional experience
- very good networking and interpersonal skills for an international environment
- experience working in EU projects or policy
- research skills and experience, including qualitative research techniques
- experience of stakeholder engagement
- very good organisational and communication skills
- experience in event management
- knowledge of climate neutrality in cities
- tech-savvy and comfortable with updating websites with CMS, using social media, and facilitating and curating online collaboration spaces
- full proficiency in English, spoken and written
- other languages
- understanding of the functioning of the EU institutions, EU’s political priorities and main policies
- understanding of sustainable urban development, including digital, green and just transformation
- a open ended employee contract, linked to the length of the project (4 years), starting in September 2021
- a full-time position that will be carried out at Eurocities office in Brussels. The selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address),
- salary according to profile and experience.
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques.
Some other benefit examples are :
- training opportunities and access to on-line trainings
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part time teleworking.
Eurocities recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position, together with a CV by 12:00 on Wednesday, 16 June 2021 to: Patricia de Wouters, Head of HR, at email@example.com.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘project officer NZC’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held remotely the first week of July 2021.