Eurocities is recruiting a project coordinator & policy advisor to work in the field of energy. The candidate would start beginning of July 2022.
As project coordinator and policy advisor, you will coordinate our work in the framework of the Covenant of Mayors contract with DG Energy and be responsible for our policy work in the field of energy. You will work under the supervision of the projects and knowledge sharing director at the Eurocities Brussels office. Tasks include:
- overall project management including budget and work planning
- leading on our policy work in the field of energy, including monitoring EU policy developments, delivering advocacy actions and supporting the collaboration between members
- liaising and negotiating with the European Commission and project partners
- leading on our Covenant of Mayors activities such as capacity building coordination, case studies, publication management, event organisation, and peer learning visits
- preparing technical and financial reports
- ensuring links between our policy and our project work
- delivering other project work and project development in the area of climate change and energy in cooperation with the projects and knowledge sharing director
- supporting other policy work in the area of environment in cooperation with the environment policy advisor and executive director
- organise capacity building and mutual learning events such as study visits, peer-reviews, focus groups and develop capacity building tools such as guidelines, toolkits, etc.
- cooperate with other Eurocities Forums and projects in cross-cutting areas, such as jobs and skills, digital transition, mobility, etc.
You are an experienced professional who is full of initiative, self-driven, curious, creative, flexible and results-oriented.
- at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- at least 3 years of work experience in the field of EU-funded project management
- at least 2 years of policy work in the area of energy or a strongly related policy area
- ability to speak English fluently and to write clear and concise reports in English
- good networking abilities and interpersonal skills for an international environment
- excellent relationship management, coordination, and communications skills
- experience in research and analytical skills, including translating project work into policy recommendations
- experience in working with multiple stakeholders at transnational level
- experience in event management and workshop design and facilitation, online and in-person
- thorough understanding of the EU institutions, decision-making processes and funding instruments
- good political judgement for advocacy and lobby work
- strong organisation and coordination skills
- experience in working with local and city governments or public sector partners
- experience in proposal writing
- good command of French; other languages an advantage
- good knowledge of urban policies and cities in general, including the role of cities in the EU
- experience in mutual learning/policy transfer methodologies
- A full-time employment position, under Belgian legislation
The selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address).
- A contract until the end of February 2023
- 3.200 € – 3.600 € monthly gross salary, according to profile and experience
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques
Some other benefit examples are:
- training opportunities and access to online trainings
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part-time teleworking.
Eurocities promotes the importance of a work-life balance
How to apply
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation, explicitly describing point by point their relevant experience and linking it to the requirements for the position, together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by COB 8 May 2022 to: Patricia de Wouters, Head of HR, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘project & policy coordinator CoMo’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in person or online the week of 16 May 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.