We are currently recruiting a project coordinator to work on innovation procurement with a focus on digital and green procurement. The candidate would ideally start in January 2023.
We are a dynamic and international team that trusts in people, and values constructive exchanges and collaborative work. We help people thrive in a friendly, open and healthy environment while promoting a work/life balance.
As project coordinator, you will be responsible for managing an EU-funded initiative supporting public entities to make more strategic use of procurement, particularly in innovation procurement, digitalisation, mobility, climate neutrality, and circular construction.
You will work closely with colleagues in Eurocities and project partners to ensure smooth delivery of project outcomes and outputs. In this role, you will:
- lead on the implementation of the project:
- take care of the overall project implementation in partnership with Eurocities staff and project partners
- manage the project officer
- be the central point of contact for the contracting authority
- support engagement of relevant entities interested in the project
- draft and deliver outcome and impact reports
- manage resources and budget of the initiative
- organise events, dissemination, and knowledge-sharing activities
- promote project results and activities internally and externally
- support the development of the digital environment of the project
- travel as required for the purposes of the project
- make links with relevant initiatives at local and international level
- make links between the project and the relevant Eurocities areas of work
- manage the Eurocities team working on the project
You are an experienced professional full of initiative, self-driven, curious, creative, flexible and results oriented.
The skills and experience to do this job successfully include:
- at least 7 years of experience in project management
- at least 3 years of experience in procurement with ideally a focus on digital and green procurement
- experience in overseeing project delivery, quality control of delivered service,
- client service skills
- excellent relationship management, coordination, and communications skills
- an excellent capacity to create strong partner engagement and the ability to find common ground and compromises in complex work processes
- experience in working with multiple stakeholders at transnational level
- good networking abilities and interpersonal skills in an international environment
- full proficiency in English, spoken and written
- proven capacity in the management of complex projects above €2 million
- experience with needs assessment
- experience in using KPI
- experience in working with public entities
- other languages
- An open-ended contract linked to the length of the project (planned for 4 years), starting beginning of 2023.
- A full-time contract as an employee under Belgian legislation. The selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address).
- €3,400€ – €4,000 monthly gross salary, according to profile and experience.
- Flexible working hours.
- Part-time teleworking.
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques, 90€ net per month of teleworking allowance, training opportunities.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation, explicitly describing their relevant experience and linking it to the requirements for the position, in one page maximum, together with a CV and including at least two referees, by 2 December 2022 at noon to: Patricia de Wouters, Head of HR, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘project coordinator procurement’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be in person on 15-16 December 2022.