Eurocities, the network of major European cities, is recruiting an events and project officer to work closely with the project coordinators and handle the organisation of several projects’ online and in-person events and meetings. He/she should start as soon as possible, ideally in July 2022.
Eurocities is a dynamic and international team where we trust in people, we value constructive exchanges and collaborative work. We promote work/life balance. We thrive in a friendly, open and healthy environment.
As events and project officer, you will be responsible for managing and organising events for Eurocities’ projects and helping to execute all phases of planning and executing live, virtual, and hybrid programmes. You will work as part of the Eurocities projects team, under the supervision of the project & knowledge sharing director. In this role, you will:
- manage and participate in all aspects of online events, meetings and webinars including coordinating timelines with all stakeholders and mastering the technical execution and reporting of the digital events
- organise events both in terms of content and logistics
- identify activities to fit into the events programme, and draft and keep the programmes updated in collaboration with the project coordinators
- conduct pre-event briefs and tests for online events, post-event reports, including but not limited to attendee surveys, analytics, and lessons learned
- manage registrations and requests from participants
- manage budgets, rooming lists, signage/displays orders, transportation requests, speakers, etc.
- ensure that catering and technical equipment are provided, with quality standards, for in-person events
- manage external contracts and communication with suppliers and partners
- cooperate with the staff involved in the organisation of the event, including the project partners
- help, guide and monitor speakers to organise interactive and dynamic sessions
- provide onsite support, both independently and as a team, when needed
- develop a close working relationship with the project coordinators
- work on other project tasks (case studies, reports, others) when needed
- develop project content and contribute to project development activities
You are an experienced professional who is full of initiative, self-driven, curious, creative, flexible and results-oriented – and a good team player.
- at least three years of relevant work experience
- full proficiency in English; other languages an asset
- experience in EU project management
- experience in events organisation
- a strategic mindset and you are creative problem-solver
- experience in working with multiple stakeholders at transnational level
- good networking abilities and interpersonal skills for an international environment
- excellent relationship management, coordination, and communications skills
- good ability to prioritise tasks when faced with multiple deadlines and operate under tight deadlines
- exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- a full-time position as an employee, under Belgian legislation. The selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address)
- a fixed term contract until 31 December 2022
- salary according to profile and experience between €2,400 and €2,800
- a fascinating challenge in organising a high level, international, multi-stakeholder conference
- flexible working hours
- part-time teleworking
Meal vouchers, pension plan, additional health insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques
How to apply
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation, explicitly describing point by point their relevant experience and linking it to the requirements for the position, in one page maximum, together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by COB on Sunday 29 May 2022 to: Patricia de Wouters, Head of HR, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘event & project officer’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in person in Brussels in the week of 13 June 2022.