Eurocities, the network of major European cities, is recruiting a policy & project support officer in the field of environment. He/she would ideally start in February 2021.
As policy & project support officer, you will work with Eurocities environment team in the areas of energy, climate change and environment, including the Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy. In this role, you will :
- support forum event on the day
- contribute to policy development in the areas of climate change, energy and environment
- monitor environmental EU policy initiatives and developments on the EU level
- analyse environmental policy documents
- draft articles for the Eurocities newsletter, updating the Eurocities web pages on environmental issues and other communications-related tasks
- contribute to strengthening our work with members, notably in relation to the environment forum and its working groups
- contribute to the dissemination of project results and activities (preparing online communication material, case-studies and publications, and working with social media)
- support the organisation of mutual learning activities for cities: webinars, workshops, study visits, twinnings, working group meetings and peer-reviews in coordination with the environment policy advisors, the forum/WG chair(s) and the host city
- support the draft of agendas, draft briefing notes and meeting minutes
- research on successful local measures on climate and energy to draft case studies
- participate in project events
- support reporting and administration
- support project development in the area of energy, climate change and environment in cooperation with the environment projects coordinator.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience in policy and or project implementation
- a Masters degree or equivalent
- good understanding of the EU institutional framework
- good analytical and organisational skills
- very good organisational and coordination skills
- good oral and written communications skills in English
- good interpersonal skills for an international environment
- Experience in working in EU project or policy is beneficial
- Good knowledge and experience in the fields of energy, climate change and environment,
- Experience in events management
- a 1 year contract starting in February 2021, renewable
- a full-time position in Brussels under Belgian contract
- salary according to profile and experience
- training opportunities
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques
Some other benefit examples are:
- training opportunities and access to on-line trainings
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part time teleworking.
Eurocities recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position, together with a CV by 17:00 on 7 January 2021 to: Patricia de Wouters, HR coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘projects & policy support officer environment’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held remotely end of January (20-22) 2021.