Eurocities, the network of European cities, is recruiting an HR administrative assistant to work closely with the Head of HR. The candidate should start in January 2022.
As HR & payroll officer, you will be part of the finance & HR team and will closely assist the Head of HR and office manager in daily tasks. Your main mission is to manage staff administration (employees and freelancers). In this role, you will:
- assist with the recruitment processes: publish job ads, contact candidates, set up interviews. You will be the first point of contact for the candidates.
- assist with facilitating and coordinating a smooth onboarding. You organise inductions for new employees
- prepare payroll administration
- maintain employee records
- assist with performance review processes
- prepare and file administrative documents
- support HR, finance and office general administration as and when needed
You are a people person, you are highly flexible and able to work independently and autonomously while maintaining a team-oriented attitude.
- one to three years of relevant work experience in HR administration and/or a bachelor’s degree in human resources management
- good understanding of Belgian work regulations
- you master Office365
- excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French or Dutch
- administrative writing and reporting skills
- a strategic mindset and are creative problem-solver
- excellent interpersonal skills for an international environment
- excellent relationship management, coordination, and communications skills
- good ability to prioritise tasks when faced with multiple deadlines
- exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- discretion when handling confidential information
- other languages
- certified prevention adviser
- experience with social elections
- an open ended part-time (80%) employee position, under Belgian legislation. The selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address).
- 1.800 € – 2.000 € monthly gross salary, according to profile and experience
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques
Some other benefit examples are:
- training opportunities and access to online training
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part-time teleworking.
Eurocities promotes the importance of a work life balance.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position, together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by 12:00 on Friday 3 December 2021 to: Patricia de Wouters, Head of HR, at email@example.com.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘HR & payroll officer’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held on 13 and 14 December 2021 in Brussels.