Eurocities, the network of major European cities, is recruiting a funding officer to provide Eurocities’ members with a high-quality funding service. He/she would ideally start in February 2021.
As funding officer, you will work with the projects & knowledge sharing director to provide Eurocities members with funding services of the highest quality. In this role, you will :
- monitor EU funding programmes
- draft funding briefs on calls for proposals
- manage the partner search service for members
- keep up to date on new EU-funded programmes and calls
- prepare the funding forecast
- contribute to proposal development activities
- organise and lead on project brokerage events for important calls for proposals
- organise regular webinars for our members about funding opportunities.
- design and implement project activities related to funding and financing, including Eurocities activities related to funding and financing in the framework of the Covenant of Mayors
- organise training events for Eurocities’ members about project writing or project management
- manage the budget related to the funding services
- exchange information (internally and externally)
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in EU funding and/or financing programmes
- a Masters degree or equivalent
- good understanding of the EU institutional framework
- good analytical and organisational skills
- very good organisational and coordination skills
- good oral and written communications skills in English
- good interpersonal skills for an international environment
- dynamic and proactive
- Experience in events management
- Experience in proposal writing
- a 1 year contract starting in February 2021, renewable
- a full-time position in Brussels under Belgian employment contract
- salary according to profile and experience
- training opportunities
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques
Some other benefit examples are :
- training opportunities and access to on-line trainings
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part time teleworking.
Eurocities recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation, explicitly describing point by point their relevant experience and linking it to the requirements for the position, together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by 17:00 on 24 January 2021 to: Patricia de Wouters, HR coordinator, at email@example.com.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘funding officer’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held remotely on 2nd February 2021.