Eurocities, the network of major European cities, is looking for an events trainee to become a member of its team for six months initially, starting from February/March 2021.
As events trainee, you will play an important role in Eurocities’ daily work, with a focus on events organisation. You will work with the senior communications coordinator and other members of the Eurocities team on the organisation of live and digital events. In this role, you will :
- support the organisation of larger events in different areas of work, including for example culture, economic development and digital transformation
- assist with registrations, invitations, live online support, management of online meeting tools, shipments, stand duty etc
- research and develop online meeting platforms and tools
- assist the events team in general
Eurocities will support you in developing your skills for entering the workplace. We have set out below some skills that would help you get the most out of the events traineeship.
- interest in delivering exciting events
- excellent organisational skills
- problem-solving approach
- excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- good interpersonal skills for an international environment
- experience with Microsoft Teams
- digital awareness for online meetings
- a dynamic team player
- agile in a changing environment with the ability to juggle competing deadlines
- other languages
- experience organising online meetings
- a six month traineeship contract, starting in February/March 2021, renewable for another 6 months
- a full time position that will be carried out at Eurocities office in Brussels. However, due to strict measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 you will be asked to telework initially
- a remuneration of approximately €1,000 per month.
Eurocities will provide you with a Belgian trainee contract (“convention d’immersion professionnelle”). Due to the CIP requirements and conditions, the selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address).
More information on this type of contract may be found here.
- meal vouchers
- full reimbursement of public transport costs
Some other benefit examples are:
- training opportunities and access to online trainings
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working
- part time teleworking
Eurocities recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position, together with a CV by COB on 14 January 2021 to: Patricia de Wouters, HR coordinator, at email@example.com.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘CIP Events’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held virtually on 25, 26, 27 January 2021.