Eurocities is a dynamic and international team where we trust in people, value constructive exchanges and collaborative work. We help people thrive in a friendly, open and healthy environment while promoting a work/life balance.
We are seeking a motivated and skilled individual to fill the position of Project Officer for a European-funded initiative aimed at supporting Ukrainian cities in the development of comprehensive climate action plans as part of their reconstruction efforts. The successful candidate will play an important role in supporting the implementation of this crucial project, working with a diverse group of partners and ensuring objectives are met.
If you are passionate about driving climate action, possess excellent organisational skills, and thrive in a dynamic work environment, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity to make a lasting impact on the sustainable re-development of Ukrainian cities.
The candidate would start ideally in April/May 2024.
As Project Officer, you will work as part of the broader Climate and Environment team and support the implementation of this project. You will work with the Senior Project Coordinator, as well as Eurocities colleagues and the European Commission. In this role, you will:
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of project activities aimed at promoting climate neutrality in Ukrainian cities.
- Work closely with the Senior Project Coordinator to develop and implement project plans, timelines, and deliverables.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration among project partners to ensure alignment and synergy in project efforts.
- Contribute to capacity building initiatives by organising and/or participating in training sessions, workshops, and knowledge-sharing events.
- Provide logistical support for meetings, conferences, and other project-related events, including venue coordination, agenda development, and documentation.
- Assist in monitoring project progress, collecting data, and preparing reports for the funder.
- Contribute to the development of project communication materials, including newsletters, website content, and social media updates.
- Stay informed about climate change initiatives, policies, and best practices, with a focus on the Ukrainian context.
You are an early-career professional who is full of initiative, self-driven, curious, creative, flexible and impact-oriented. The skills and experience to do this job successfully include:
- Three years work experience, preferably working on project coordination or implementation
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Ukrainian languages is essential
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, international development, or a related field
- Experience working on projects, preferably in the fields of climate change, sustainability, or urban development
- Strong interest in climate neutrality and an understanding of the Ukrainian context
- Experience in organising meetings and workshops
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines effectively
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Miro and ideally, project management tools
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a collaborative team environment
- Flexibility to travel occasionally, possibly to Ukraine
- Experience of working directly with or in city/local governments, preferably in climate neutrality or related area
- Experience in quantitative or qualitative research methods and/or capacity building and workshop design and facilitation
- Experience working on EU-funded projects and/or knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions, policy priorities and main policy developments in the area of climate neutrality
We are looking for candidates who fulfil most of these criteria, but do not hesitate to apply if you think that you could be a good fit for the position.
- A full-time position as employee, under Belgian legislation. The selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address). The preference is for the position to be based in our Brussels office, however, consideration will be given to candidates based in another EU Member States who would be offered a freelance contract.
- A contract linked to the length of the project (4 years), starting in April/May 2024
- €2,800 – € 3,200 monthly gross salary, according to profile and experience (salary may be offered at a lower level if the successful candidate has less experience)
- Flexible working hours
- Part-time teleworking
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques, 90€ net per month of teleworking allowance, training opportunities.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation, explicitly describing their relevant experience and linking it to the requirements for the position, in one page maximum, together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by 23:59 CET on 3 March 2024 to: Patricia de Wouters, Head of HR, at email@example.com.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘project officer’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held during the week of 11 March 2024.