Eurocities is the network of major European cities, comprising more than 200 members, working across a wide range of thematic areas that reflect cities’ priorities.
We are recruiting a personal assistant for our Secretary General.
The candidate would ideally start in January 2023.
Eurocities is a dynamic and international team where we trust in people, value constructive exchanges and collaborative work. We help people thrive in a friendly, open and healthy environment while promoting a work/life balance.
As trainee, you will work with senior management and assist the Secretary General on a daily basis.
In this role, you will:
• Provide support on secretarial and administrative tasks
• Manage internal and external correspondence on behalf of senior management
• Schedule appointments, manage calendars, and send reminders
• Support the organisation of high-level meetings
• Coordinate event and speaking engagements for senior management
• Take and draft accurate and comprehensive meeting minutes
• Plan travels for the Secretary General, including flights, accommodation, and ground transportation
• Support the administrative assistant with staff travel bookings
• Provide logistical support (update of documents and databases, archiving of documents, keeping records, etc.)
You are proactive and enthusiastic about delivering positive results in a flexible manner.
Eurocities will support you in developing your skills for entering the workplace.
We have set out below some skills that would help you get the most out of this traineeship.
• a high school diploma or a certificate from a secretarial school
• good command of Office 365 and experience with Microsoft Teams
• excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Other languages are an asset
• excellent organisational skills
• problem-solving approach
• good interpersonal skills for an international environment
• good time management skills
• good customer service and social skills
• a keen interest about the European Union and the role of local authorities
• a dynamic team player
• agile and have the ability to multitask
• attentive to detail
• a six-month traineeship contract, starting in January 2023, renewable for another 6 months
• a full-time position that will be carried out at Eurocities office in Brussels
• a remuneration of approximately €1,000 per month
Important: Eurocities will provide you with a Belgian trainee contract (CIP “convention d’immersion professionnelle”). Due to the CIP requirements and conditions, the selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address).
More information on this type of contract may be found on:
• meal vouchers
• full reimbursement of public transport costs
Some other benefit examples are:
• training opportunities and access to online training
• a dynamic international team
• a pleasant working environment
• flexible working hours
• part-time teleworking
Eurocities promotes the importance of a work life balance.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position, together with a CV by COB on 23 November 2022 to: Patricia de Wouters, Head of HR, at email@example.com.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘CIP PA’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in person or online on 13 and 14 December 2022.
Image by Freepik