Eurocities, the network of major European cities, is looking for a trainee to work on topics linked to social affairs, to become a member of its policy team for six months, starting from 1 March 2021.
As trainee, you will play an important role in Eurocities’ daily work, with a focus on topics linked to social affairs. You will work with the senior policy advisor on social affairs. In this role, you will:
- monitor policy initiatives and developments at EU level on topics such as employment and skills, integration of migrants, housing and homelessness, and on relevant processes such as the European Pillar of Social Rights, European Semester and European Social Fund+
- support with research, gathering and analysing data and good practice examples on policy and projects in cities in areas related to social services
- analyse policy documents and draft briefing notes, as well as contributing to writing of policy statements and reports
- attending and reporting on EU level events, especially at the European Commission and European Parliament in the field of employment and social affairs
- draft articles for Eurocities newsletter, update Eurocities web pages and other communications-related tasks
- contribute to the organisation of forum and working group meetings, both online and onsite
- update members database
- give general support to the social affairs forum team
Eurocities will support you in developing your skills for entering the workplace. We have set out below some skills that would help you get the most out of this traineeship.
- a university degree, preferably linked to social affairs
- basic knowledge and interest about social affaurs trends in the European Union
- basic knowledge about social policies in the EU, the EU institutions and the role of local authorities
- a keen interest in local social policies
- excellent oral and written communications skills in English, other languages are an asset
- advanced writing skills
- excellent organisational skills
- problem-solving approach
- good interpersonal skills for an international environment
- experience with Microsoft Teams
- digital awareness for online meetings
- a dynamic team player
- able to work independently
- agile in a changing environment with the ability to juggle competing deadlines
- a six-month traineeship contract, starting in March 2021;
- a full-time position that will be carried out at Eurocities office in Brussels. However, due to strict measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 you will be asked to telework initially;
- a remuneration of approximately €1,000 per month.
Important: Eurocities will provide you with a Belgian trainee contract (“convention d’immersion professionnelle”). Due to the CIP requirements and conditions, the selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address).
More information on this type of contract may be found on:
- meal vouchers
- full reimbursement of public transport costs
Some other benefit examples are:
- training opportunities and access to online trainings
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working
- part time teleworking possible
Eurocities recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position, together with a CV (in pdf format) by COB on 12 February 2021 to: Patricia de Wouters, HR coordinator, at email@example.com.
Interviews will be held virtually the week of 19 February 2021.