Eurocities, the network of major European cities, is creating a new position as Social Media Specialist. The candidate would ideally start beginning of September 2022.
Eurocities is a dynamic and international team where we trust in people, value constructive exchanges and collaborative work. We help people thrive in a friendly, open and healthy environment while promoting a work/life balance.
Do you write engaging social media copy? Can you work well with a range of colleagues to deliver sparkling content to a deadline? As Social Media Specialist, you will work as part of the Communications team and be responsible for working with a range of colleagues to manage Eurocities overall content and publishing plan on our main social media channels (Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook).
The main tasks include:
- Plan, create, publish, and share new content (including original text, images, video) on a daily basis across Eurocities social media channels
- Work in line with communications strategy and social media moderation policy to build and engage with audiences on all Eurocities social media channels
- Develop and manage multiple campaigns with political/advocacy messages; working with Eurocities colleagues in different work areas
- Report on engagement through social media metrics and Google Analytics in weekly communications team meetings, and use this to suggest improvements
- Use a social media dashboard, such as Buffer, to schedule posts and create editorial calendars
- Work with Strategic Communications Manager/Communications Team Leader to manage targeted ads budget, for advocacy purposes
- Work with Communication Specialists to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Copywrite occasional articles on Eurocities website
- Provide training and guidance for other colleagues whose activities utilise social media
- Keep on top of trends, best practices, including outreach to influencers
- Contribute to other Eurocities communications activities as agreed
You are an experienced professional who is full of initiative, self-driven, curious, creative, flexible and results-oriented. The skills and experience to do this job successfully include*:
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Ability to write engaging copy in English
- Knowledge of Google Analytics; producing metrics reports
- Experience working with a variety of social media ad platforms: Facebook Ads Manager; LinkedIn; YouTube
- Video editing skills
- Evidence of having represented a political organisation and/or sensitive areas
- Degree in communications/journalism/political sciences
- Graphic design knowledge or interest
- Other languages an asset
*We are looking for candidates who fulfil most of these criteria, but do not hesitate to apply if you think that you could be a good fit for the position.
- A full-time position as an employee, under Belgian legislation. The selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address)
- A fixed term one year contract
- Salary according to profile and experience between €2,800-€3,000
- Flexible working hours
- Part-time teleworking
- Training opportunities and access to online training
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques, €90 net per month of teleworking allowance.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation, describing point by point their relevant experience and linking it to the requirements for the position, and a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by 23:59 on Thursday 30 June 2022 to: Patricia de Wouters, Head of HR, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send the documents in .pdf format and mention ‘Social Media Specialist’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in person or online on 7-8 July 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.