Eurocities, the network of major European cities, is recruiting a project officer, with an emphasis in communication, to work in the field of mobility. The candidate would start as soon as possible, ideally in March 2022.
As project officer, you will manage communication activities and support transfer of knowledge of selected EU funded projects on smart connected and electric urban mobility.
You will work as part of the mobility team at the Eurocities Brussels office. In this role, you will:
- draft technical reports on communication and dissemination activities
- monitor communication and dissemination activities across the consortium
- manage the communication and dissemination work packages strategically to achieve the projects’ goals and build on their results to engage different audiences
- create and edit engaging content for multiple channels, including websites, social media, podcasts, videos, and publications
- write articles, conduct interviews, produce videos and podcasts or oversee their production with external contractors
- organise events (meetings, conferences, workshops) to disseminate the results of the projects
- provide proofreading and editorial services for print and online outputs
- contribute to the administrative and financial management of the projects
- liaise with project partners and present the project to external stakeholders
- plan for the communication and dissemination activities strategically by exploiting synergies across Eurocities’ mobility projects and contributing to integrated Eurocities communication
- support capacity building and transfer of innovation between cities
You are an experienced professional who is full of initiative, self-driven, curious, creative, flexible and results-oriented.
- at least three years professional experience working on European projects,
- at least three years of relevant experience working in communication
- full proficiency in English
- experience in website content management (WordPress)
- a problem-solving approach
- very strong organisation and planning skills
- experience working autonomously and as part of a team
- good organisation & accuracy with the ability to meet deadlines
- excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- experience managing Horizon 2020 communication and dissemination work packages
- previous experience in mobility projects
- experience in professional social media communication
- experience in Adobe suites (Illustrator and InDesign)
- understanding of mobility policies
- other languages an asset
A full-time employment position, under Belgian legislation:
- The selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address)
- An open ended contract, linked to to the length of the project (ending in 2024)
- €3,000 €3,200 monthly gross salary, according to profile and experience.
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques.
Some other benefit examples are :
- training opportunities and access to on-line training
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part-time teleworking.
Eurocities promotes the importance of a work/life balance.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation, explicitly describing point by point their relevant experience and linking it to the requirements for the position, in one page maximum, together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by 12:00 on 28 January 2022 to: Patricia de Wouters, Head of HR, at email@example.com.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘project officer’ in the subject line.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be assessed daily and interviews may take place before the application deadline.