Eurocities, the network of European cities, is recruiting a project officer to work in the field of mobility. The candidate should start ideally in November 2021.
About the project
As project officer, you will support the project coordinator working on the European Mobility Week. This campaign attracts more than 3,000 towns and cities each year. During the year, Eurocities is responsible for managing the European Secretariat on behalf of the European Commission – DG MOVE. We provide towns and cities with all the materials they need to prepare their local campaigns in September.
As project officer, you will work closely with the project coordinator, providing support for the European Mobility Week Secretariat. In this role, you will:
- follow up on requests from the extensive network of local campaigners
- liaise with and support national coordinators in their role
- follow up on reporting and administration in coordination with colleagues in the finance team
- support the drafts of agendas and meeting minutes
- support the organisation of events linked to the project (such as the launch event, workshops and Awards Ceremony)
- assess award applications from towns and cities
- represent European Mobility Week vis-à-vis other European initiatives
- support the project coordinator in managing the campaign cycle (approval of towns and cities registrations, info-desk, production of materials, etc.)
- support dissemination activities and publication of documents
- develop project content and contribute to project development activities (write articles, announcements and publications)
You thrive in an environment of rapid change, moving targets, limited resources and high intensity. You are highly flexible and able to work independently and autonomously, while maintaining a team-oriented attitude.
- at least three years of relevant work experience
- full proficiency in English
- experience in project implementation, communication and media activities
- a strategic mindset and you are creative problem-solver
- experience in working with multiple stakeholders at transnational level
- good networking abilities and interpersonal skills for an international environment
- excellent relationship management, coordination, and communications skills
- good ability to prioritise tasks when faced with multiple deadlines and operate under tight deadlines
- excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- other languages
- interest and/or knowledge of urban mobility
- a full-time position in Brussels under Belgian contract. The selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract.
- a one year contract, starting as soon as possible, renewable
- salary according to profile and experience
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques
Some other benefit examples are :
- training opportunities and access to on-line trainings
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part time teleworking.
Eurocities recognises the importance of a work life balance
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation, explicitly describing point by point their relevant experience and linking it to the requirements for the position, in one page maximum, together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by 12:00 on 15 October 2021 to: Patricia de Wouters, Head of HR, at email@example.com. Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘project officer EMW’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held remotely on 28 and 29 October 2021.