We are recruiting a project developer. He/she would ideally start in May 2021.
As project developer, you will be responsible for:
- Identifying EU funding opportunities (mostly Horizon Europe calls for projects and service contracts) in cooperation with the funding officer, policy advisors and project coordinators
- Identifying funding opportunities from foundations or other donors
- Identifying project consortia in which Eurocities can be a partner/leader
- Developing project consortia when Eurocities is a lead partner
- Developing and drafting project proposals, especially in the areas of environment and digital transformation
- Negotiating Eurocities’ role and budget for project proposals
- Developing a project bidding repository for Eurocities with CVs, past project proposals, references, etc.
- at least 5 years of work experience in the field of EU-funded project development and proposal writing
- up-to-date knowledge of environment and/or digital transformation policies at EU level
- excellent writing skills
- fluent in English, and write clear and concise reports in English
- experience in working with multiple stakeholders at transnational level
- good networking abilities and interpersonal skills for an international environment
- excellent negotiation skills
- excellent relationship management, coordination, and communications skills
- experience in working with local and city governments or public sector partners
- other languages
- a one-year contract starting in May 2021
- a full-time position that will be carried out at Eurocities office in Brussels. However, due to strict measures to limit the spread of COVID-19, you will be asked to telework initially
- salary according to profile and experience
- training opportunities
The selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address).
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques
Some other benefit examples are :
- training opportunities and access to on-line trainings
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part time teleworking.
Eurocities recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position, together with a CV by noon on 30 April 2021 to: Patricia de Wouters, Head of HR, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘project developer’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held remotely the week of 10 May 2021.