Eurocities, the network of major European cities, is recruiting a project coordinator to work on climate neutrality in cities, including city and stakeholder engagement, replication and support services. He/she would ideally start at the beginning of September 2021.
About the project
As project coordinator, you will lead the implementation of elements of a new and exciting project to advance climate neutrality in cities by 2030 and beyond. The ambition is to empower cities to develop and implement comprehensive climate action plans through systemic innovation, sectoral solutions and addressing the transversal barriers that have slowed progress to date. The project will run for four years and operates across a vast range of fields that contribute to climate neutrality, from decarbonisation of buildings, energy and transport to citizen engagement, participatory policy making, digital transformation, governance, finance and sustainable urban development.
In this role, you will :
- lead on the implementation of elements of the project:
- manage work packages and allocated tasks for which Eurocities is leading
- manage the project officer
- manage resources and budget
- engagement with cities and support their climate neutrality objectives
- manage the in-person and online one stop shop platform for cities, including partner and third party engagement
- organise workshops, training, awareness raising events, dissemination activities, publication of best practices, knowledge-sharing activities
- promote project results and activities internally and externally
- draft technical and financial reports
- travel as required for the purposes of the project
- make links between the project and the relevant Eurocities working groups
- support project development in cooperation with the projects & knowledge sharing director
You are an experienced professional who is full of initiative, self-driven, curious, creative, flexbile and results-oriented.
- at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- at least 3 years of work experience in the field of project management, preferably of EU projects, including resource and budget management, and reporting to funders
- in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of climate neutral cities and related topics, including the European Green Deal
- an excellent capacity to create strong stakeholder engagement and the ability to find common ground and compromises in complex work processes
- experience in working with local and city governments
- full proficiency in English, spoken and written
- experience in event management and workshop design and facilitation
- experience in working with multiple stakeholders at transnational level
- good networking abilities and interpersonal skills for an international environment
- excellent relationship management, coordination, and communications skills
- experience translating project work into policy recommendations
- knowledge or experience of providing technical support services, both in-person and online, to cities or other organisations
- experience of process design and improvement
- knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions, policy priorities and main policy developments
- experience writing project proposals
- other languages
- a open ended employee contract, linked to the length of the project (4 years), starting in September 2021
- a full-time position that will be carried out at Eurocities office in Brussels. The selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address),
- salary according to profile and experience.
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques
Some other benefit examples are :
- training opportunities and access to on-line trainings
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part time teleworking.
Eurocities recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position, together with a CV by 12:00 on Wednesday, 16 June 2021 to: Patricia de Wouters, Head of HR, at email@example.com.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘project coordinator NZC’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held remotely the first week of July 2021.