Eurocities, the network of major European cities, is recruiting a policy advisor – project coordinator in the field of mobility. He/she would ideally start in January 2021.
As policy advisor – project coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting Eurocities activities in the mobility field by contributing to the organisation’s networking, advocacy and project activities related to mobility. In this role, you will :
- maintain an up-to-date overview of policy developments on mobility and contribute with expertise and strategic insights to the policy work of Eurocities
- maintain contacts with the EU institutions, with member cities, and with other stakeholders
- coordinate the preparation of relevant policy statements
- take the lead on the development and implementation of Eurocities’ advocacy strategy on mobility
- advise management on forthcoming priorities, anticipate policy challenges and opportunities and mobilise members accordingly
- support and coordinate the implementation of EU financed projects in the field of mobility
- ensure that any potential synergies with other policy areas, projects and communications activities of Eurocities are developed through coordination with relevant colleagues
- ensure effective communication to members and more widely through the various channels available
- support Eurocities general policy and project work, as well as other activities in line with the overall objectives
- a successful track record of at least 5 years of work experience in policy advocacy at EU level and EU project implementation
- a Masters degree or equivalent in science or European affairs, political science, public administration. A technical specialisation would be a real asset.
- thorough understanding of the EU institutions, decision making processes and funding instruments
- excellent knowledge of EU policies and programmes related to mobility
- excellent knowledge of urban policies and cities in general, including the role of cities in the EU
- strong organisation and coordination skills
- excellent organisational awareness
- excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- good interpersonal skills for an international environment
- a strategic liaison for a specific Eurocities community and key EU representatives
- a dynamic team player who also takes full responsibility for delivering results on own work
- agile in a changing environment with the ability to juggle competing deadlines
- a self-starter, driven by the motivation to deliver outcomes for cities and citizens
- experience of working with cities, either in a city administration or through a network
- knowledge of indicators, notably in the area of mobility
- other languages
- a full-time position in Brussels under Belgian contract
- an open ended contract starting in January 2021
- salary according to profile and experience
- training opportunities
- meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques
- Eurocities recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some other benefit examples are :
- training opportunities and access to on-line trainings
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part time teleworking.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position, together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by COB on 29 November 2020 to: Patricia de Wouters, HR coordinator, at email@example.com.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘PO mobility’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held remotely the week of 7 or 14 December 2020.