We are recruiting a part time project coordinator in the field of environment. He/she would ideally start on 1 September 2021.
As project coordinator, you will coordinate the H2020 PROSPECT+ project, in which Eurocities is a partner, working on capacity-building for financing energy efficiency in cities.
The overall aim of PROSPECT+ is to develop a training programme where local and regional authorities will interactively solve problems with their specific sustainable energy projects, to both identify and either overcome (i.e. lack of trained and knowledgeable staff), or surpass their lack of capacity (i.e. when referring to market or macroeconomic conditions which cannot be easily influenced). The focus will be on implementing their projects through innovative financing. PROSPECT+ builds on the results and success of the H2020 PROSPECT project. From 2017 until November 2020, the project PROSPECT enabled over 150 cities and regions to learn from their peers about innovative financing schemes and implement specific energy projects.
In this role, you will :
- lead on city-to-city learning/capacity building activities
- lead on replication and transferability activities
- draft project publications (e.g. case studies)
- organise workshops, training and events
- project coordination tasks including work-planning and monitoring, financial and administrative management
- contribute to communication and dissemination activities
- contribute to project development at Eurocities
- contribute to policy development in the project related fields (financing, etc.)
- at least 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of EU-funded project management
- at least 3 years of work experience in energy-related policies/projects, or in economic development policies/projects, or in financing instruments/projects
- experience translating project work into policy recommendations
- fluent in English, and write clear and concise reports in English
- experience in event management
- experience of Horizon2020 projects
- experience in working with multiple stakeholders at transnational level
- good networking abilities and interpersonal skills for an international environment
- excellent relationship management, coordination, and communications skills
- knowledge/experience of financing instruments
- experience of capacity building programmes
- experience in working with local and city governments or public sector partners
- other languages
- a contract starting in September 2021, linked to the length of the project (3,5 years)
- a flexible part-time position (50% of full-time equivalent). This position will require some travelling abroad
- salary according to profile and experience
- training opportunities
For an employee contract, the selected candidate will need to be based either in Belgium or the Netherlands while for a freelance contract, the selected candidate can be based in any EU country.
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques.
Some other benefit examples are:
- training opportunities and access to online training
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part time teleworking.
Eurocities recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation, explicitly describing point by point their relevant experience and linking it to the requirements for the position, together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by 12:00 on 28 June 2021 to Patricia de Wouters, Head of HR, at email@example.com
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘project coordinator PROSPECT’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held remotely the week of 5 July 2021.