Eurocities, the network of European cities, is recruiting a communications specialist, copywriter and editor. He/she should start as soon as possible, ideally in May 2021.
As communications specialist, you will work as part of the Eurocities communications team, under supervision of the communications director.
In this role, you will:
- create and edit engaging content for different audiences and multiple channels, including Eurocities’ websites and social media
- write articles, conduct interviews, produce videos and podcasts or oversee their production
- engage with communities on different social media platforms
- advise and contribute to the production of the projects’ publications and newsletters
- provide proofreading and editorial services for print and online
- at least three years of relevant experience in journalism, storytelling, communications
- a degree in communications or politics, or another relevant professional education completed
- full proficiency in English
- a proven track record as a skilled writer and editor – you work magic with words
- an eye for design and layout
- experience in professional social media communication
- experience working autonomously and as part of a team
- an organised & accurate way of working
- excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- other languages
- understanding of EU decision making processes and the work of local governments
- experience in video editing
- a full-time position in Brussels under Belgian contract, or a freelance contract
- a contract until May 2022, with possibility to be prolongued
- salary according to profile and experience
- meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques (for the full-time contract)
- Eurocities recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some other benefit examples are:
- training opportunities and access to on-line trainings
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part time teleworking.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position, together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by COB on 21 April 2021 to: Patricia de Wouters, HR coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held remotely the week of 3 May 2021.