Eurocities, the network of major European cities, is recruiting an accountant.
As accountant, you will handle day-to-day bookkeeping. You will be part of the finance and HR team and be responsible for the day to day bookkeeping of Eurocities activities.
In this role, you will :
- book purchase invoices, expense claims, bank and credit card statements, petty cash
- make weekly payments
- prepare and send annual membership fees and reminders to our members
- perform monthly closing of the accounts, analyse outstanding receivables and payables
- prepare monthly analytics for the EU-funded projects and other teams
- improve systems and procedures, and initiate corrective actions
- A bachelor degree in accounting or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience, preferably in the not-for-profit sector
- Excellent knowledge of Belgian accounting legislation
- Good knowledge of the EU VAT rules
- Good planning, organisation and coordination skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate user of Excel
- Able to multi-task, prioritise and be proactive
- Able to take responsibility
- Capable of working independently as well as in a team
- Attentive to detail, problem-solving, capable of following procedure
- Adaptable, self-motivating and take initiative
- Fluent in English
- Experience using of Winbooks
- Knowledge of EU funding programmes
- Good command of French or Dutch
- a part-time (80%) in Brussels under Belgian employment contract, a full-time position is also possible.
- salary according to profile and experience
- training opportunities
Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques
Some other benefit examples are :
- training opportunities and access to on-line trainings
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part time teleworking.
Eurocities recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation, explicitly describing point by point their relevant experience and linking it to the requirements for the position, together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) to: Olivier Baeselen, finance director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘accountant’ in the subject line.