This working group (WG) is dedicated to raise awareness and improve strategies for improving the prevention of substance abuse. The members of the group will explore strategies, methods and innovative solutions helping Europe's citizens to avoid the risks of substance abuse and addiction as a cost-efficient way to significantly reduce future public spending.
As this will be a new WG, initial priorities will be to:
- reach out to interested cities
- agree on a WG mandate
- share knowledge, experiences and best practices on policy, science and strategic planning (incl. programmes, methods and activities)
- develop new, replicable innovations in prevention
- raise awareness at EU level for efficient ways to prevent drug use and to minimize the risks of use
- identify suitable calls for proposals under Erasmus+ and other EU programmes
The first WG meeting will be in June in Rotterdam and the second in autumn.