This working group aims to strengthen local and national policies, strategies and practice on combating homelessness. The leading themes of the work are integrated approaches to homelessness, prevention, and active inclusion.
In 2016 working group Homelessness focus on:
1) Mutual learning and exchange of good practices on:
- Housing First
- access to services for homeless people including EU mobile citizens
2) Engaging with the EU institutions on homelessness policy with the view to raising awareness on the city perspective in tackling homelessness and to bring more specific evidence on:
- the effectiveness and efficiency of EU funds to support people who are homeless
- the impact of the crisis and the fiscal reforms on the situation of homeless people and cities’ ability to respond to these emerging needs
- issues related to intra-EU mobility and homelessness.
Acharnes Amsterdam Antwerp Athens Barcelona Bergen Besiktas Beylikdüzü Bilbao Bonn Bordeaux Brighton & Hove Brno Budapest Bydgoszcz Cardiff Copenhagen Dresden Espoo Essen EUROCITIES Brussels Office Gdansk Geneva Ghent Gijon Gothenburg Helsinki Karlsruhe Katowice Leeds Lisbon Ljubljana London Lyon Madrid Malmo Munich Nantes Netwerkstad Twente Newcastle-Gateshead Oslo Ostend Porto Riga Rome Rotterdam Sheffield Stockholm Stuttgart Sunderland Tallinn The Hague Turin Turkish Cypriot community of Nicosia Turku Uppsala Utrecht Vantaa Vienna Zaragoza Zurich