The online Public Feedback on the Climate Adaptation Partnership’s Action plan is open until 17 August 2018.
Climate change hazards impact all our cities and rising temperatures, droughts, floods influence the way we live, work, and manage our local economies. The partnership on climate adaptation has identified 11 actions that will enable local decision-makers to improve awareness of climate hazards, make better informed decisions, and have better access to funding for local adaptation actions. The City of Genova coordinated the work of the partnership and its Mayor Marco Bucci is now inviting all European cities to reply to the online consultation on the action plan. This is the unique opportunity for all cities to input into the draft 11 actions.
- Revision of urban development and planning regulation tools, focusing on national, regional and local climate adaptation actions
- Further involvement of national municipality associations and Covenant of Mayors as key facilitators and supporters of local authorities
- Guidelines and toolkits for adaptation economic analysis
- Recommendations for the Ops of the ERDF in order to improve access for municipalities
- A new LIFE for urban adaptation projects
- Further support for the drafting of local adaptation plans
- Improving data accessibility for EU Municipalities in the framework of COPERNICUS
- Enhancing the urban content of Climate-ADAPT
- Political training academy on climate adaptation
- Enhancing citizen and stakeholder involvement at regional and local levels for climate adaptation agendas
- Promote open access on insurance data for climate risk management
Action plan feedback: https://bit.ly/2KEQJ0J
Invitation to feedback by Mayor Marco Bucci: enclosed.