The shortlist is decided, their videos finalised, and the anticipation is building! Who will win the EUROCITIES Awards this year? Judge for yourself!
This year we are showcasing projects and actions on the theme of our annual conference, ‘Creative Competitive Cities’.
Culture and creativity are drivers for both European competitiveness and inclusion, and seen together with our Cities4Europe campaign, they enrich the quality of life of our citizens by ensuring their inclusion and prosperity.
Entries are judged independently across three categories: cooperation, innovation and participation. Shortlisted this year, are:
- Leeds - 'Leeds 2023' aims to transform the city's economy through culture and creativity
- Valladolid – the 'CreArt' network provides exhibition and training opportunities to creative professionals
- Vilnius - which transformed abandoned historic buildings into a 'tech park' for cultural and creative industries
- Dusseldorf - 'KomKuk' offers administrative support for creative enterprises, including mentoring, conference and interim use of public spaces
- Ljubljana - 'RogLab' connects and supports entrepreneurs and creatives and offers a space to co-create and prototype new ideas
- Strasbourg - 'Tango&Scan' offers financial and business support to proposals by digital or creative companies for cross-sector collaborations
- Brighton & Hove – the 'our future city' programme aims to develop young people's skills and wellbeing through arts, culture and digital experience
- Frankfurt – the 'silver screen festival' shows films portraying inspiring stories of healthy and active ageing for all audiences
- Oulu – the annual 'CHAOS' challenge asks citizens to come up with ideas to help make Oulu more attractive for 15-29 years olds
We’ll announce the winners at our annual conference in Edinburgh!