Are you representing a city that has worked to become more accessible for its citizens? Is your city promoting equal access to urban life for everybody regardless of age, mobility or ability?
Then you can apply for the Access City Award 2020 until 11 September 2019 !
The Access City Award scheme was launched in 2010 by European Commission together with the European Disability Forum, to promote accessibility for older people and people with disabilities in European cities. Open to EU cities with more than 50 000 inhabitants, the award will celebrate its 10th anniversary this year. On this occasion, the European Commission will award a financial prize of € 350.000 to be shared among the three winning cities.
The jury will consider measures taken and planned in the following areas:
• The built environment and public spaces;
• Transport and related infrastructure;
• Information and communication, including new technologies (ICTs);
• Public facilities and services.
The applications will be evaluated considering the following five criteria:
• Scope of the actions;
• Ownership, level of commitment;
• Quality and sustainability of results;
• Involvement of people with disabilities and relevant partners.
The award ceremony will take place on 29 November 2019 in Brussels at the closing of the European Day of Persons with Disabilities conference.
You can find information on how to apply and the rules of the competition in the application form. These include the guidance note and competition rules.