Are you representing a city that has worked to become more accessible for its citizens? Do you have over 50 000 inhabitants? Is you city promoting the equal access to the resources and facilities?
Then you can apply for the Access City Award until 16 September 2018.
The Access City Award scheme was launched in 2010 by European Commission together with the European Disability Forum, to promote accessibility for older people and people with disabilities in European cities.
The award recognises and celebrates cities willingness, ability and efforts to become more accessible, in order to guarantee equal access to the resources and to improve the quality of life of its population. The initiative is open to EU cities that have more than 50 000 inhabitants or to urban areas composed of two or more towns with a combined population of over 50,000 inhabitants.
The jury will consider measures taken and planned in the following areas:
- The built environment and public spaces;
- Transport and related infrastructure;
- Information and communication, including new technologies (ICTs);
- Public facilities and services.
The applications will be evaluated taking into account the following five criteria:
- Scope of the actions;
- Ownership, level of commitment;
- Quality and sustainability of results;
- Involvement of people with disabilities and relevant partners.
The winner of the Access City Award 2019 will be announced on in early December 2018. Read more information about the award and application process here.