EUROCITIES is looking for a campaign coordinator to work under the supervision of the communications director, and in close cooperation with the secretary general and EUROCITIES’ executive committee.
Our new colleague should be passionate about Europe and feel strongly about promoting democracy and working with citizens. You should have gained experience in working in a responsible position in European or international campaigns, and be able to transmit your enthusiasm to our member cities.
Your job will be to
- lead on the preparation, roll out, implementation and coordination of the campaign Cities4Europe - Europe for citizens
- lead on capturing and presenting the outcomes of the campaign to members and the EU institutions
You will be the main contact for the campaign, mobilising our member cities to participate, and coordinate their efforts by developing an online platform for campaign activities as well as a communications toolkit. You are familiar with the use of social media in campaigning.
You will build alliances and cooperate with other organisations working towards a similar objective of strengthening democracy in the EU, ensure strong visibility for the campaign at EU level, and develop ideas for a solid legacy of the campaign.
You have experience in fundraising and will look for sponsorship for the campaign and the high level launch event in May 2018 in Brussels.
- worked in communications and campaigning, preferably on European or international issues
- implemented an integrated communications approach across various channels
- prepared promotional material from concept to production
- excellent organisation and planning skills, and a problem-solving approach
- good understanding of urban and EU challenges around democracy and citizens’ engagement
- very good English, other languages an asset
- having worked in a membership organisation is an asset
- an excellent communicator with very good networking and interpersonal skills
- creative and can think outside the box
- proactive and outgoing
- able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- social media savvy
- a full-time, fixed-term contract of 15 months, starting in October 2017
- salary around €3,300 gross per month, depending on experience
- additional benefits (meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, éco-chèques, refund of public transportation costs, 13th month)
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation, explaining their suitability for the position, together with a CV and two relevant references by Friday, 1 September 2017, 12:00 noon, to Patricia de Wouters, HR Officer, at email@example.com. Please mention ‘campaign coordinator’ in the e-mail subject line.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview in Brussels on 19 or 20 September. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EUROCITIES is the political platform for major European cities. We network the local governments of over 140 of Europe’s largest cities and 40 partner cities. We engage in dialogue with the European institutions across a wide range of policy areas affecting cities.