EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, is looking for a work experience placement under the supervision of the policy advisor in the area of knowledge society (ICT) for six months starting 4 September 2017.
This area includes topics such as smart cities, Horizon 2020 and research and innovation, digital inclusion and e-government, data, standards, broadband, cyber-security and more.
The placement will cover the following tasks:
- monitoring ICT policy initiatives and developments at the EU level
- analysing ICT policy documents, drafting briefing notes and policy papers;
- drafting articles for the EUROCITIES newsletter, managing KSF yammer platform, updating the EUROCITIES web pages on ICT issues and other communications-related tasks
- assisting the project team on ICT related projects and initiatives
- assisting in the organization of forum and working group meetings
- general administrative tasks
We are looking for a person with:
- university degree preferably on political science, international relations, EU policies etc.
- basic knowledge about ICT policies in the EU (EU digital agenda, digital single market strategy), the role of local authorities and the EU institutions
- excellent English; other European languages are an asset
- good command of MS Office
- proactive, organised, team player
- Insights into the daily work of a policy team
- A dynamic and international working environment
- assistance with living expenses of up to €200 per month under the Belgian legislation
- assistance with local public transport expenses
- assistance with lunch expenses
- a Belgian mobile phone number, with credit for calls and internet
Please send your motivation letter (max 1 page) and CV (max 2 pages) in PDF format by Friday 18 of August 2017 at 12:00 CET to:
Patricia de Wouters
Email subject : WEP KSF
Your motivation letter should include replies to the following questions:
- What does attract you to EUROCITIES?
- Why, in your view, digital related matters are among the priorities of major cities in Europe?
Interviews will be held in the week 21-25 August 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.