EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, is looking for a work experience placement under the supervision of the policy advisor for economic development for a period of 6 months starting in September 2017.
In the following areas: economic development (innovation, entrepreneurship and SMEs), metropolitan cooperation, EU regional policy, public services and public procurement
- monitor policy initiatives and developments at EU level
- analyse policy documents and draft briefing notes
- draft articles for EUROCITIES newsletter, update EUROCITIES web pages and other communications-related tasks
- contribute to organisation of forum and working group meetings
- update members database
- university degree, preferably linked to urban issues
- basic knowledge about local economic development, metropolitan cooperation, public services, public procurement, and EU cohesion policy
- excellent English, other EU languages an asset
- good command of MS Office
- team player, well organised, proactive
- insights into the daily work of our policy team
- a dynamic, international and pleasant working environment
- assistance with living expenses up to €200 per month under Belgian legislation
- assistance with local public transport expenses
- assistance with lunch expenses
- a Belgian mobile phone number, with credit for calls and internet
- up to 300 € reimbursement for travel expenses once during the contract
Please send your motivation letter and CV in Pdf format by 09:00, Monday 31 July 2017 to:
Patricia de Wouters, HR Officer
Email subject : 'WEP enconomy'
Your motivation letter (max one page) should include responses to the following:
- What attracts you to EUROCITIES?
- How do you see cities improving their local economy through EU cohesion policy, Entrepreneurship and SMEs policy, and public procurement policy?
Interviews will be held during the week of 28 August. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.