EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities offers a work experience placement in the area of culture. This area of work includes topics such as the cultural and creative industries, economic and social impacts of cultural policies at local level, access to culture, young people and culture, cultural heritage, European funding for culture. You will be working under the supervision of the senior policy advisor for a period of six months starting beginning of September 2019. EUROCITIES is an equal opportunity employer. At EUROCITIES we are committed to fair employment practices and encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, ages and genders, as well as those with disabilities. We strive to create a workforce which is as diverse as the cities we serve.
- monitoring policy initiatives and developments at EU level
- carrying out small pieces of research, analysing policy documents
- supporting the preparation of meetings and events
- preparing briefing notes, drafting articles for the EUROCITIES newsletters and updating the EUROCITIES web pages on cultural issues
- supporting the implementation of EU funded projects
- supporting project development in the field of culture and cultural heritage
- giving general support to the culture team
- university degree
- basic knowledge about cultural policies in the EU, the EU institutions and the role of local authorities
- keen interest in local cultural policies
- excellent English
- good social and organisational skills
- insights into the daily work of a policy and project team
- a dynamic and international working environment
- a 6 months placement starting beginning of September 2019
- assistance with living expenses up to €200 per month under the Belgian legislation
- reimbursement of local public transport expenses
- assistance with lunch expenses
- a Belgian mobile phone number, with credit for calls and internet
- up to €300 reimbursement for one trip home during the contract
Please send your motivation letter and CV by COB on 11 August 2019 to:
Patricia de Wouters, HR Officer
Email subject : WEP Culture
Interviews will take place in Brussels or by Skype the week of 19 August 2019.
Your motivation letter (maximum one page) should include responses to the following questions:
- What attracts you to EUROCITIES?
- How do you see the role of culture in large cities?