EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, is recruiting a project coordinator in the field of migration and integration. He/she would ideally start in the autumn 2019 (depending on when the project can start). EUROCITIES is an equal opportunity employer. At EUROCITIES we are committed to fair employment practices and encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, ages and genders, as well as those with disabilities. We strive to create a workforce that is as diverse as the cities we serve.
As project coordinator, you will be responsible for leading on the CONNECTION project. CONNECTION is a new AMIF-funded project, led by EUROCITIES. It will focus on four thematic communities of practice bringing together 22 cities from 12 member states with complementary needs and experiences.
CONNECTION will support seven less experienced cities and provide them with mentoring and with implementation grants, creating seven new policies and services, which will improve the lives of immigrants and refugees. It will build capacity in cities that are not partners in the project by inviting eight cities to join the communities of practice; by providing peer-training to 80 more cities; and by developing policy guidelines and how-to videos covering the four themes, which will help to improve integration support to many more immigrants and refugees. CONNECTION has a budget of 1.8 million EUR and is a three-year project (from autumn 2019). The project builds on the EUROCITIES Integrating Cities Charter as well as previous projects (see www.integratingcities.eu). In this role, you will :
lead on the CONNECTION project
- manage the project, both technically and financially
- manage the project consortium
- liaise with the European Commission and project partners
- lead on and deliver project activities such as city-to-city exchange visits, publication management, event organisation, dissemination
- organise the Integrating Cities conference in cooperation with the host city and European Commission
- draft technical and financial reports
- travel as required for the purposes of the project
- support EUROCITIES working group migration and integration and link it to relevant project work
- support project development in the area of migration and intergration in cooperation with the projects & knowledge sharing director
- at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- at least 3 years of work experience in the field of EU-funded project management, preferably as lead partner
- in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of migration and integration policies at EU level
- fluent in English, and write clear and concise reports in English
- experience in event management
- experience in running study visits or capacity building events
- experience in working with multiple stakeholders at transnational level
- good networking abilities and interpersonal skills for an international environment
- excellent relationship management, coordination, and communications skills
- experience of working with local and city governments or public sector partners
- other languages
- experience of policy work
- experience in producing publications
- a full-time position in Brussels under Belgian contract
- an open-ended contract, starting in autumn 2019
- salary according to profile and experience
- additional benefits (meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques)
- training opportunities
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position, together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by COB on 18 August 2019 to: Patricia de Wouters, HR coordinator, at email@example.com.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘project coordinator migration’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in Brussels the first week of September 2019.