EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, is recruiting a policy advisor in the field of environment and climate. He/she would ideally start late August or early September 2019. EUROCITIES is an equal opportunity employer. At EUROCITIES we are committed to fair employment practices and encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, ages and genders, as well as those with disabilities. We strive to create a workforce that is as diverse as the cities we serve.
You will develop and support EUROCITIES policy work related to environment and climate, including leading advocacy work, drafting policy statements and supporting the collaboration between members in this area.
You will work under the supervision of the policy director at the EUROCITIES Brussels office.
In this role, you will:
- maintain an up-to-date overview of policy developments in environment and climate, fulfilling the role of EUROCITIES’s Brussels office's policy expert in these fields
- maintain contacts with the EU institutions, with member cities active in this policy field, and with other stakeholders
- lead EUROCITIES’ advocacy work in the field of environment and climate
- coordinate the preparation of relevant policy statements on behalf of EUROCITIES
- contribute to EUROCITIES forum activities and support the work of specialised working groups
- contribute to the development of project applications
- ensure synergies between environment and climate and other policies, projects and communications activities through coordination with relevant colleagues
- at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- excellent knowledge of EU policies and programmes related to environment and climate.
- excellent knowledge of urban policies in general, and in particular in the fields of environment, air quality, climate mitigation and adaptation, waste and circular economy.
- strong organisation and coordination skills
- fluent in English, with the ability to write clear and concise reports in English
- good networking abilities and interpersonal skills for an international environment
- experience of working with local/city governments or public sector partners
- experience of implementing EU funded projects
- good command of French; other languages an advantage
- a full-time position in Brussels under Belgian contract
- an open-ended contract, ideally starting in late August or early September 2019
- salary according to profile and experience
- additional benefits (meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques)
- training opportunities
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining their suitability for the position together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by COB Monday 1 July 2019 to: Patricia de Wouters, HR coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘policy advisor environment’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in Brussels on Wednesday 10 July 2019.